We have detailed out some of our principal booking conditions, as well as other useful information about your stay. Please see our full booking terms and conditions for further detail.
Arrival and Departure
You may access the property from 16.00 on the day of arrival (earlier arrivals are strictly by arrangement only). The time of departure is strictly 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure and the games room at Trevase must be vacated by 8.30am.
Deposit and Full Payment
A deposit of 30% of the rental is payable when booking. The full balance is payable 10 weeks before arrival date, a reminder email will be sent 12 weeks before your arrival. Non-payment of the balance by the due date may be construed as cancellation of the contract. If a booking is made within 10 weeks of the arrival date, the rental must be paid in full immediately.
Damage / Good Housekeeping Deposit
On the day of arrival the card that was used to pay for your deposit will be used to pre-authorise £250 as a good housekeeping / damage deposit. If your card details are out of date or you would prefer to use a different card please notify us. This payment will not be processed if the property is left in a good condition.
You undertake on behalf of yourself, all other members of your party and any visitors to keep the premises and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the premises in the same state of repair and condition as they are in at the commencement of the let (reasonable wear and tear accepted). Guests usually leave the house in a superb condition.
The £250 will be released within 7 days of the rental end date subject to satisfactory inspection of the property by the Owner or nominated representative (we do not charge for minimal accidental breakages). Please be aware that it can take up to 7 days, depending on your bank, for the funds to be released back to you so you should ensure that you have enough funds for two weeks after your departure.
Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by phone and confirmed in writing by email.
For all bookings placed on or after 9th January 2021:
- In the event of a National Lockdown or the lead booker (i.e. only the address on the booking form) being placed into a tier by the Government which has a Do Not Travel restriction placed on it due to COVID-19 covering your booked period of stay, therefore meaning you will need to cancel, a full refund of rental costs paid will be provided. The refund will be provided into the lead bookers account within 7 days of agreed cancellation. We acknowledge that COVID-19 / Coronavirus related local lockdowns are circumstances beyond your control for which travel insurance does not appear to be easily available. We have therefore agreed to share the risk of you not being able to travel for these very specific local lockdown circumstances.
- Except for these two specific reasons if a cancellation is made a refund will only be provided if the dates in question are re-let (minus a 5% admin charge to cover our costs and third-party related costs to the cancellation and rebooking, for example bank fees, accounting fees, admin costs etc). We will endeavour to re-let and if successful will refund the whole (minus 5% of your total booking cost) up to a maximum of the rental we achieve for the re-let, bearing in mind that we may have to discount the rental to achieve a re-let at short notice. If we are unable to re-let you remain responsible for the rental payments that have been made and there will be a nominal amount refunded to the extent of direct costs that were not incurred. A few examples:
- If you book a stay costing £3,000 and wish to cancel having paid a £900 (30% deposit), and we re-let the property for £3,000 you will be refunded £750 (non-refundable 5% admin fee of total rental cost = £150).
- If you book a stay costing £3,000 and wish to cancel having paid a £900 deposit, and we re-let the property for £2,500 you will be refunded £250.
- If you book a stay costing £3,000 and wish to cancel having paid the full cost of your stay, and we re-let the property for £3,000 you will be refunded £2,850.
- If you book a stay costing £3,000 and wish to cancel having paid the full cost of your stay, and we re-let the property for £2,500 you will be refunded £2,350.
- If you book a stay costing £3,000 and wish to cancel having paid the full cost of your stay, and we are not able to re-let the cottage, you will be refunded a nominal amount equal to the expected costs of laundry (above minimum charge), welcome pack and utilities (unlikely to be more than £150) to the extent that we have not had to incur such costs in relation to your booking.
Any refund will be made within 14 days of re-let or on the scheduled date of departure from the original booking (in the event we are unable to re-let the property).
We therefore strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance (please see our T&Cs).
The names of each guest should be included in the booking process and the age of anyone under 25 must also be recorded. Any additional guests (up to the property's maximum capacity of 18) added subsequently must be notified to us and agreed by us in writing. Each property can accommodate up to four extra day guests, who must pay £10 per person, per day. The names of day guests must be provided in advance.
Prices and payment methods
Our prices are in Pounds GB inclusive of VAT at the current rate. Deposits must be paid through our payment processor (Opayo) at the time of booking online. Our preferred method of payment for the full balance is via BACS, alternatively the main booker can also log on to their booking and pay via Opayo (instructions given online after booking).
The rent is fully inclusive of electricity, heating, bed linen (not including cot linen) and towels. All bedrooms have television, clock radio, coffee / tea making facilities, and hairdryer, an en-suite bath / shower room with 110 / 240v shaving point. Two travel cots, two high chairs, two stairgates and a fireguard are available on request. We provide a complimentary welcome hamper containing a selection of Herefordshire items. We also provide a complimentary starter box containing salt, pepper, kitchen roll, cloths, four tea towels, one hand towel, oven gloves, bin bags, dishwasher tablets, washing powder tablets, washing up liquid, cling film, foil, etc.
Weekly bookings run from Friday or Monday. Two or three-night weekend and four-night midweek short breaks are offered throughout the year, with the exception of Christmas and New Year weeks which can vary. If you would like a variation of this please get in touch.
Smoking and Pets
For the comfort of all of our guests, no smoking is permitted anywhere in the property. Registered assistance dogs apart, no pets are permitted inside either property.
Both properties have a level 1 and 2 access rating. Trevase Granary's living areas are on the first floor and can be accessed by a stair-lift please see the access guide for more information. Penblaith Barn has all living areas on the ground floor please see the access guide for more information. Both properties have bedrooms suitable for the less able on the ground floor with a wet room, and various aids can be provided.