Accessibility at Penblaith Barn and Trevase Granary
From the very outset an inclusive holiday for all members of the group was in mind whether it be for children or a grandparent with mobility issues.
Both Penblaith Barn and Trevase Granary is rated by the National Accessible Scheme as M1 and M2 which means it is deemed suitable for:
- Older and less mobile guests
- Part-time wheelchair users
At a Glance
- Penblaith Barn has one twin bedroom with en suite wet room on the ground floor and level access to all living areas.
- Trevase Granary has living areas on the first floor accessible via stairs and a stair lift. Two ground floor bedrooms with en suite wet rooms are suitable for disabled access.
- Both barns have games rooms which are accessible by wheelchair.
- Both barns have patio areas with BBQ, pizza oven and outdoor seating which is accessible by wheelchair.
- Both barns have hardstanding, level car parks with wheelchair access to main entrances.
- We offer some disabled aids in each barn: a toilet frame or toilet riser seat, a shower seat, a bed guard and easy-care sheets with a waterproof bed protector.
- If you require additional equipment such as bed hoists or profiling beds we can recommend TPG disabled aids in Hereford for these to be hired and installed prior to arrival. https://tpg-disableaids.co.uk/ 01432 607366. Also Mills Mobility aids https://www.millsmobilityaids.co.uk/ - 01432 277000
Care whilst you are here
Kemble Care – Hereford – 01432 352443
Ashfield Care Agency – Ross on Wye – 01989 565309
Travel by public transport
- The nearest train station is Hereford which is 11 miles from Trevase Granary or 15 miles from Penblaith Barn. Gloucester has a faster train service and is approximately 25 miles away.
- There is a bus service from both stations to Harewood End which is a five minute car ride to Trevase Granary.
- The nearest bus stop to Penblaith Barn is on the A466 at Llancloudy. There is a bus service from Monmouth and Hereford to Llancloudy.
Travel by taxi
- Hereford Rank Taxis – 01432 278279
- Hereford United taxis- 01432 388010
- Blue Line Taxis- 01432 343435
All have wheelchair accessible vehicles
- More details including accessibility equipment and photos, from grab rails to ramps is included in the Accessibility Guides for each property.
- If you have any questions or would like to visit to see if the properties suit your group’s needs please do get in touch.
Review - Mrs Anne Bryan - August 2018
'Trevase Granary is a great place for a holiday with a disabled person. Our family goes there every summer with our children and grandchildren and the fact that my husband is wheelchair bound following a stroke doesn’t stop him being included. A spacious ground floor bedroom with TV has a large wet room attached and there’s a stair lift to take him upstairs to the living and dining area. On fine days he can be wheeled over to the games room and garden.
The owners couldn’t be more helpful. They lend us small equipment such as a commode chair and toilet surround and help us to find firms that hire out care beds, riser recliner chairs and also a home care service which means that my husband is as comfortable as he is at home and looking after him is as easy as possible.
We look forward very much to our family get together where grandpa, despite his disabilities, can still be at the centre of the family.'